Monday, August 6, 2007

Last Samurai

Do I REALLY have to say anymore? Doesn't the poster say it all?

I'll dispense with an actual review of this garbage -- suffice it to say that, typical of most Tom Cruise movies, Mr. Cruise plays a [talented] prick who turns into a really, really, really swell guy by movie's end. Oh, and of course he's got some Japanese woman swooning all over him. The previews has the announcer literally sa
ying "Tom Cruise... Last Samurai". The last Samurai is a fucking white guy? What the hell is wrong with these people?!!!

Oh, before you write in, lemme say that YES -- I've seen the film and YES -- I know that Tom Cruise is not actually the "Last Samurai" -- but c'mon!!! Like I said ... the title says it all.

Let's try a role reversal, shall we? How about this for a Hollywood drama?



See the difference? Whereas Hollywood can treat one like a serious "drama", if they tried to market THIS film, it would come off as a comedy.

Oh, waitasec -- there already IS a comedy about an Asian Cowboy.


See what I mean?

Also note below the COMPLETELY GAY SCENE of Jackie Chan bathing with Owen Wilson.

That reminds me.. I'm going to have to do a dissertation on Jackie Chan films down the road -- at least his Western ones.


Oh, and apologies for using the kung-fu stars in place of "martial arts" or "samurai". Anyway, I think you get the idea!


No comments: